4 year child having recurring fever, vomiting, runny nose and congested. What treatment should be done?

My daughter is 4, she has been having recurring fever and vomiting maybe once a month for the last six months. She also has runny nose and she is congested! Please help its getting very fustrating
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Children are very susceptible to environment.
There is a vicious cycle in children- Lack of tolerance for clothing- results in exposure to cold- results in vasomotor rhinitis/viral rhinitis- runny nose- postnasal flooding- infections going down to larynx- lower respiratory problems- sick child- failure to thrive and poor immunity- suscetible to the starting point of cycle.

What you can do is-
Ensure that child remains fully covered with clothing while indoors
Make sure that she does not go out side in colder weather without extra cloths on.
Once caught the cold, treat it immediately with decongestants so that the infection can be prevented from setting in.
You can use Maxtra-p Suspension OTC about 1ml 6hourly.
Do not wait to start it, it should be started at the first sneeze/runny nose.
If you can make sure this advise is followed as doctor's order then I think you can stop all the troubles then and there.
I hope this advise will provide a solution.