33 year old having chest pain, fainting while exercising, low heart rate. Normal EKG. What is the reason?

I am 33 and have been having chest pains for two days now. When I exercise I almost faint. I went to the doctor and had an EKG it was normal. My blood pressure was 98 and my heart rate is 52bpm I was sent home but still have chest pains. What could this be? I
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

I would like to point out that the work up done for you is highly inadequate especially since you are having low heart rate. Ideally it should be between 70 to 90 beats per minute.

I strongly advise you to undergo the following:

1. A treadmill test where the EKG (Electrocardiogram) is taken while you are running on the treadmill. (If this is inconclusive – then the next)

2. A 24 hour holter, here a small machine is tied to your chest; it will record your EKG throughout the day and check for abnormalities. If this is inconclusive too then probably neurology consultation is required as well.

3. I also suggest you to undergo blood tests like complete blood count, renal function test, fasting blood glucose and lipid profile.

It will be ideal to approach a multi specialty hospital with cardiology, neurology, XXXXXXX medicine and ENT (Ear, nose and throat) in your case.

Do not get worried, it is best you sort out the reason for your chest pain.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health.