27 year old, PCOS, less brown bleeding. Worried ?

hi.. I am 27 years old.. And i have PCOs.. Got my periods yesterday, bleeding was not much and it was red in colour but today the bleeding is less and its brown in colour i am really worried kindly adivce
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 46 minutes later

As bleeding due to menstrual period contains fresh blood, it is of bright red colour, & contains lots of clots in it, and generally heavy, while bleeding due to implantation is very light (scanty/spotting), pinkish or brownish in colour and generally occurs 2 to 7 days before due date of periods. In your case on first day, bleeding was red of colour, thus it seems to be due to period only (though the bleeding was not much, which further reduced on second day). When bleeding is less and due to any reason it takes time in coming out, its colour can become brownish. PCOS mostly produce Oligomenorrhea (few and light menstrual periods).

Hope, I have answered your query.
If you have any further question, I am available to assist you.
With good wishes,
Follow-up: 27 year old, PCOS, less brown bleeding. Worried ? 2 hours later
Thank you for the response doctor. Just wanted to clarify if this is my normal period cycle? Now there is not much bleeding, i am not able to understand if it is normal period cycle or does this occur one week before my period cycle. My periods are irregular because of PCOS. Even last period cycle i had brownish color bleeding for a week and the bleeding was less.
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

During implantation actual bleeding does not occur, thus it is generally scanty or spotty, and it may not occur at all, in all women. As bleeding is very light, it takes some time to come out, thus the colour becomes pinkish or brownish. It does not lasts for three days, but in some cases spotting may occur for 1 to 2 days. It is not associated with symptoms of menstruation like pain, backache, cramps etc.
In your case the first day bleeding was of red colour, thus it seems to be due to menstrual period. Menstrual period starts on the 14th day of ovulation. As your menstrual cycles are irregular, you can use Ovulation Prediction Kit to identify date of ovulation. As I told earlier, implantation bleeding does not occur for a week. when amount of bleeding is less, it takes time in coming out and colour changes.
Hope that it have served your purpose.
Wish you good Health.