Are readings of ovulation monitoring normal with problem of irregular periods?

May 2013
I have been going for my ovulation monitoring since i've had irregular periods. I visited the doc thrice. here are the readings.: 10th day: Endo thick-7.7mm: Right ovary-4mm: Left ovary-7mm: no fluid 12th day: Endo thick-7.8mm: Right ovary-9mm: Left ovary-9mm: no fluid 15th day: Endo thick-8.4mm: Right ovary-10mm: Left ovary-10mm: no fluid I have my next one scheduled for the 18th day. Do the readings look normal?
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Followup is needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. In case of regular 28 to30 days menstrual cycles, usually ovulation will occur on around 14th to 16th day. By the time of ovulation, the endometrial thickness should be around 9 to 10mm and the size of ovarian follicle should be around 2 cms. In case of lengthier cycles, ovulation will get delayed. So, possibly you have to wait for few more days for ovulation to occur. And plan intercourse around the time of ovulation. If you do not succeed in this cycle, in the next cycle better to go for ovulation induction with hormonal support. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Are readings of ovulation monitoring normal with problem of irregular periods? 5 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. I have gained a lot of weight since my periods started becoming irregular. Till XXXXXXX 2013 everything went well. I stopped getting my periods from July and since then have gained a lot of weight. Is it related somehow?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes. Weight changes can lead to irregular periods. Excessive weight can affect the hormonal balance and can lead to development of insulin resistance etc. All these collectively can affect menstrual cycles. So, better to decrease the weight. Reduction of 1 to 2 kgs can also helps in regularization of menstrual cycles to some extent. Take care.
Follow-up: Are readings of ovulation monitoring normal with problem of irregular periods? 4 minutes later
I have checked for diabetes and thyroid but the redults are negative. Any idea why there can be a sudden weight gain?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 hours later
Brief Answer: dietary changes, lack of exercise Detailed Answer: Hi, Weight gain can occur due to causes like: -Dietary changes like eating excessive food or eating wrong food like fast foods with excessive oil, butter, irregular timings of food intake etc. -Lack of exercise -Sometimes psychological causes like depression etc can lead to excessive eating of food and weight gain. - Profession can influence, persons who work continuously in sitting posture are more prone for weight gain. -Medical disorders like Cushing syndrome etc. By examination and investigations the possible cause can be identified and treated. Take care.