2 Years old having pain around anus. Symptom of less appetite?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My two years old daughter came back from daycare and is complaining of pain around the anus. I gave her a shower to fill the area and it is kind of tender. Only close family members take care of her beside the daycare ( with 2 ladies one off them since she is one). Beside not wanting to put a diaper she is pretty fine plays as usual with maybe less appetite.
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 20 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I understand what you think!
I feel that you should show her in ER immediately to know the cause more so because you say it's tender.

The other cause for pain may be anal fissure .

Local analgesic application can help in pain.

All the best
God bless
Dr Uma
Follow-up: 2 Years old having pain around anus. Symptom of less appetite? 9 hours later
Thank you! I did applied A&D ointment on it and see how she spend the night, if still painful this morning we r going straight to ER. Her speech is not perfect but can be understood, I was wondering how to recognize the signs of something being wrong? Like I stated before only my mom, my sister, my husband(dad) & me changed her or give baths. Should I mention it at the Daycare Center?
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 19 minutes later
Hi ,
Yes of course you should mention your doubts later to the doctor when they try to explain what could be the problem.
The doctors can find out from the examination of the child.

I feel you should first wait for the doctor's report before you mention to the day care centre.
Otherwise it will be unnecessary confusion!

Hope she recovers fast.
Good luck
Dr Uma