19 year old, taking adderall since 8. Experiencing social anxiety. Anyways to fix it ?

yes i am a 19 year old male and have been on adderall xr since i was about 8 years old. i currently take 40 mg/day and experience social anxiety. my work gets done but the social anxiety is killing me. is there anything i can do to help fix this? could cutting the dosage work?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

Yes, cutting down the dosage will surely reduce the social anxiety you have and that could be the definitive treatment for your problem. It has to be done on tapering dose course.Slowly reducing the dose over a period of 15 days, only then you can witness reduction in the anxiety symptoms.

I would suggest this reduction of the dose be done by the Psychiatrist who put you on this medication or any other psychiatrist considering the problem you have for which you were first placed on the drug when you were 8 years old.The dosage reduction should not compromise on its effects on the problem you have previously.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further