before I was diagnosed with high BP, I had arcs

before I was diagnosed with high BP, I had arcs of flashing lights. This was years ago. So when I got the same thing recently, I suspected a blood pressure problem, even though I took Losartan and propranolol as scheduled this morning. this is the 3rd day of apparent (not measured) sudden rise in B.P.
So I took an amlodipine, even though it's usually taken with dinner. My dinner is usually at 7 pm. And these symptoms started around 2 pm. So I'm wondering what's going on. Maybe I should drive to a nearby location to get the BP checked. Good idea?
Sat, 27 Oct 2018