Will the intake of lonazep lead to loss of memory?

hi doctor, i have been taking lonazep .5 regullarly in the morning and at bed time. i want to get rid of this medician coz of some side effect like loss of memory and facibg some other problem. i use to take this medician as prescribed by the doctor....kindly help me out. will be greatful to you
Mon, 15 Sep 2014

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
Lonazep (0.25 mg Clonazepam) can cause memory impairment,anterograde amnesia i.e..loss of the ability to create new memories after the event that caused the amnesia, leading to a partial or complete inability to recall the recent past, while long-term memories from before the event remain intact.
Patient should avoid intake of alcoholic beverages or other CNS depressants while taking Lonazep.
Other common side effects from clonazepam are :drowsiness,dizziness,tiredness,weakness,dry mouth,diarrhea,upset stomach
changes in appetite.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D.
Mumbai