Will adding Clomid post tubal reversal increase the chances of conceiving?

Good afternoon, I had my tubes tied in October of 2000; had a tubal reversal this past March 4(2015). Surgeon said everything went great and that I have beautiful tubes; that they are larger than normal. He just gave me Clomid 50 mg at the beginning of the week; to start on the 2 day of my cycle, in around a week or so. To my knowledge, I have always ovulated normally every month. ( I have three teenagers). Will adding Clomid increase the amount of eggs dropped significantly; or increase the chance of multiples? What is the chance of gettng pregnant in the first round, as I am 39 and my doctor says time is important right now? Thanks so much!!
Tue, 12 May 2015
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Clomid would increase the chance of conception by improving ovulation but it would not be possible to determine the chance of conception, this would depend on just on you but also on your partner.

If you use the clomid as prescribed then it would improve your chances.

I hope this helps