Why we must be aware about enlargement of heart?

why we must be aware about enlargement of heart?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
A large heart works less efficiently. You want to have a small heart. Your doctor will be able to explain further. Please, ask your doctor.

If you go into hospital with symptoms of heart failure and your sent home with no test is this right ? My mother went to hospital yesturday for a routine tests on her heart, anyway she went to hospital with wheezing, difficult to wake up, low blood pressure , the doctors couldnt wake her but she was sent to the car in a wheelchair plus she was dribbling blood. Now i would of thought she should of been admitted and put on a ECG machine which would of found her enlarged heart resulting in savin her life. As my mother died yesturday from enlarged heart. But she does have something wrong with her left ventricle plus she has TTP ( blood disorder ) i apologise but i am mad they should of done some tests on my mum instead of sending her home then she died the same day in bed she was having heart failure while she was at hospital why couldnt the doctors pick it up.

What questions should we ask when my mom goes to talk the surgeon about getting a heart valve replacement ? If this is too much to read skip to the bottom my question is there. But the following story gives some background. Okay 4 years ago my mom went to the cardiologist to find out why she has a heart murmor. They did and ECG and discovered she had a bi cuspid aeortic valve . We were told its not a big deal that she would just have to take an antibiotic before going to the dentist and really didnt have any other effect on her life. Now 2 months ago she had the flu. After she recovered from that she realized how much weaker, and easily out of breath she was getting. She also started feeling her heart go flip flop . I told her to go to the doctor because of her heart. They did and EKG and imediately sent her to the cardiologist for and ECG. He told her that her valve was thickened and needed replaceing soon. So she now has an appt with a cardiovasculer surgeon in 2 weeks. My question is : What things she we ask or make sure we are aware of before the surgery?

Why do you not get cancer of the heart or at least, I ve never heard of it. Does anyone know ?