Why should Coreg be taken after removing fluid in the lungs?

I am a 75 yr old woman in good health according to my PCP. Until last year I didn t take any medication. Last year I went to the hospital with pneumonia and doctors (DO) went balistic saying I had heart prooblems. Three pounds of fluid was removed from my lungs and I was sent home the next day feeling fine. The doctor wants me to take Coreg, Why?
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Coreg is composed of 'carvedilol', which is a beta-blocker. It is administered to treat heart failure and hypertension (high blood pressure). Since you have history of heart problems, the medication has been prescribed by your doctor. It needs to be taken as prescribed as it does not have any relation to the lung problems which you have suffered from. Kindly take the medication as prescribed and do the necessary follow-up.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.