Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Why does my daughter look different from her father?

I had a daughter in 2004. I suffer from spina bifida . I was married when I had my daughter. My fiance I am with now I was with in 2003. My daughter looks nothing like my ex husband and exactly like my fiance. Could it be possible with my disability that my fiances sperm stayed in me from 2003 to 2004 and he could be her father
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for choosing HCM
No dear
the life a sperm is 5 days after ejeculation only if it enters into right environment in right time
in a normal human body the right environment means uterus an cervix
though you have a defect or not when its life span is itself a maximum of 5 days
it is entirely impossible for a sperm to stay alive for an year and have potential to fertilise your egg
so what if you have spina bifida
that cannot be
but your daughter is living with you and your fiancee means there are chances that she could adopt certain qualities ,so when she behaves like your fiancee you could feel that she is like him

i hope your doubt is clarified
feel free to contact me for further queries
thank you
Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor