Why does a Doctor put someone on a Heart Recorder?

What are they looking for when they put you on a heart recorder? They are keeping it on for 2 weeks.
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
To see if his heart beat is irregular at times.

yes, i ve been having trouble with my heart since i was in high school, im a junior in college right now. My heart starts beating so fast and jumping so crazy and then my chest hurts like no other. with the movement on my chest, i cant get enough air and its so hard for me to breathe... I ve passed out because of it... I ve had to go to the hospital quite a few times and the doctors have done tests but they cant find anything wrong                                                                  

I can feel my heart pounding against my chest really loudly like its palpitating and I havnt been drinking any coffee, I ve just recently stopped actually. Ive been to the doctor and she said its normal and will go away because you ll stop thinking about it, but I cant stop thinking about it because its so loud and I KNOW it isnt my normal heartbeat, it feels different even tho the doc says its fine.. its really annoying! I just want it to go back to before.. can you please help?!

I have lost 55 pounds since March of this year. I weigh 228 pounds now. For the past 2 weeks, I have had heart palpitations. I started having Employee health record my BP. I have always had a normal bp of 120/80. Recently, it s been low for me. For example, today it was 110/69 and my pulse was 58. I have no other symptoms/problems other than the palpitations/hesitation. My physical is scheduled for a week from today. Should I try to get in earlier to see a doctor or should I just continue monitoring my bp/pulse until next Friday? I m scared to do the wrong thing, but I don t want to panic either. Thank you for your help.