Why do i have convulsions in thigh ?

i have convulsions in my right thigh s muscles from behind. why?
Mon, 26 Dec 2011
hi
what u have is known as twitch or fasciculation.
it occur due to contraction of the muscle in spontaneous way
its normal and natural
it will stop its own
u need not to take any medicine for that.
do running,jogging exercise,it will help u

hello doctor, my aunty is taking medicine for convulsions since 20 years or so, she had attacks only two or three times during this period, but was bought under control immediately, however, yesterday it seemed a little serious, it took almost 15 minutes for her to gain consciousness, why does convulsions occur after taking medicines too and also would like to know if placing iron keys or any iron item in hand is advisable, please advise. thank you.

sometimes, when i get up, after sitting down and relaxing for a long period, i get dizzy, everything goes black, and i can t hear anything. I have to hold on to something to make sure i don t fall. This is the light version, sometimes i start to convulse(i think it s a convulsion, might be just tremors), and have to sit down on the floor, to make sure i don t fall. I never lose conciousness, i am aware of my surroundings, but i can t controll the tremors usually strong when they happen. Could someone give me an idea why this happens? It happens at least once a year, mostly summer-time but today was the worst one.

My Son, Soham Basu has effected with seizure on 09.06.14m The convulsion lasts more than one and half hours, in between the convulsion I called my friend, Dr Kaushik Seal and he attended him half an hour and instructed me to admit my son to Medica Superspeciality Hospital where my friend practiced as Neuro Surgen. After admission, the hospital has done EEG, MRI, CITI scan and ECG, but no cause and abnormility has found and the Doctors advised to take LEVIPIL - one tab - 250 mg. at morning and 500 mg at night and they realed my son on Wednesday, ie, 11.06.14, But again he was effected on 13.06 for half an hour. Doctor said the medicine will continue. After taking medicine he is sleepy and sometimes mild headache. My querry is why this convlsion is being happened again and again when no disorder is found ? and whether LEVIPIL is good for taking , since he is student now and studying at 7th class, Whether it is Epilepsy really and how long days this medicine will be taking ? and whether this hampers his brain for future . I am his father and we are too much worried about him since he is our only son .Please advice us accordingly. Moreover, He has fallen down from our balcony of the first floor to the ground at the age of one and half years of his age and we admitted in AMRI Hospital, Dhakuria , but nothing has come out as irregularities. He is 12 years 6 months now and his weight is 62.90 KG. Whether the Convulsion is happening for the transition period from minor to Teenager and because of hormone secretion .... Please have look into the case of my son and reply us. Dr. Arnab Chakraborty , Neurologist, will be best person in this case , since he is handling so many cases of Epilepsy as I heard.

Recent questions on  Fasciculation

Hi, I think I'm getting ALS! I'm in Iran and have a bad mother! My father died of ALS, and I think now I have too. I'm 25 years old. can you help me? I have fatigue, some fasciculation in some parts of body (for about some minutes), atrophy and fasic in tongue and...

ive started getting twitching in my calfs and it is other places now. no pain just twitching. some time it slows down but doesn t quit.

Original problem: I had a septoplasty with bilateral inferior turbinectomy in Oct'15 (bony spur on left gauged out too). Prior to surgery, I had a tight pressing strain in the front of head for a month (sudden onset after a 12 hour travel), and...

Hi, vein in left thigh between knee and hip pulsates, I walk about an hour a day, on Lipitor 62 years old with a BMI at 24, Thanks XXXXXXX

I am about 15 weeks pregnant with a normal pregnancy. I have been experiencing fasciculation in my right arm off and on for almost a week. It's in the bicep and it is not painful nor is there any tingling or weakness involved. Is it common to experience such muscle twitches when pregnant? If so, is there anything I can do to try to prevent the fasciculation?

I'm a 37 year old male. 5'7" and a little overweight. I have been congested with hay fever and have recently developed twitching in the muscles under my eyes. For about two years I have been seeing a neuro for benign fasciculation syndrome (twitching all over my body, mostly my calves). Could the facial twitching be caused by the allergies or is it still likely BFS? Last year I had a clear c-spine MRI and an EMG.