Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Why did my father have sudden chills and shivering ?

My dad worked all day in 110 degree weather. His clothes were completely soaked in sweat. He had a drink with alcohol after his shower. He then was eating supper and he began chilling and rocking. He couldn t get warm. My mother had him lay down and covered him in blankets. He continued to shake. He is very strong headed and will not go to the doctor , but we think he needs to. Any help would be great.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  471
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
sudden transit from high to low temperature also cause problem as body can not adjust with it .
there are several mechanism of heat regulation .
shivering and chilling is among them .
i dont think he has any other problem .
ask him to dry his body before coming from his work
transit gradually .
use separate cloths for work and home

i hope i have answered your question .
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor