Why am I treated only for rheumatoid arthritis when I am also suffering with spinal stenosis?

My name Deborah Johnson I have rheumatoid arthritis throughout fibromyalgia I have spinal stenosis I m always in pain one sort or another I am being treated by a rheumatologist for the ra only. I go many nights with two to three hours sleep. I m 70 years old other than these conditions I m in relatively good health. High blood pressure medication and rheumatoid medication that s it. Can you please help me
Sun, 16 Dec 2018
Hi, Welcome to Ask a doctor services. I have read your query. It is nice to know that you are being treated for RA, continue to take the medications. Spinal stenosis treatment depends upon the severity of your symptoms & pathology associated with the discomfort. Talk to your treating doctor, your doctor will physically examine you & order few imaging tests like X-Ray, MRI & CT. Physical therapy is helpful. Medications like pain relievers(tylenol, naproxen, etc)& opioids are effective.

If the discomfort is persistent then treatment with steroid injections, decompression procedures, surgery(laminotomy, laminoplasty, minimum invasive therapy, etc) may be considered depending upon the severity of the illness. Hope I have answered your query. Take care.
Dr Nupur K