Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia ?

Dear Doctor, I m a male age 32. 6 high and weighing 80 kilograms. After 4 years of trying I am still unable to get my wife pregnant for a second time. My wife thought I may have varicocele . I went to my house doctor and he told me to get an echo of my testicles. The results came back that I have bilateral varicocele. My doctor then told me to go the urologist . He examined me and said he does not see any varicole (he only did phisical examination) and asked me to get a blood test and semen test. The semen test came with the result severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia. The blood test came with the following abnormalities: Hct 42 Low (in %) ESR 11 High (mm/hr) FSH 20 High (mIU/mL) Prolactin 30 High (ng/mL) Testosterone 208 (ng/dL) I am a bit corcerned and wondering what is going on and what should I ask/tell my doctor? I would like to be a bit more prepared when talking to him. Please advice me what kind of tests or treatments should I consult with my family doctor.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1501
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to H.C.M.Forum. actually your case is secondary infertility. means there is 99% chance of getting pregnancy. both the partners should go to the doctor of INFERTILITY CLINIC where you will have complete examinations required, and have an out come. examination of single partner will never have a result. thank you.
Answered: Fri, 24 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor