Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What treatment do you suggest for my toddler who hurt his rib after a fall ?

My 2 year old climbed up about 5 feet and fell on his back he now has a bruise over his rib The major problem is he doesnt talk yet so he can t tell us if he is hurt badly is there anyway to tell if its serious without having to go to the ER?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

If the baby is perfectly normal after 24 hrs of fall ,nothing to worry about. baby may need Syrup Ibugesic to get rid of mild body ache.

YOu should observe the baby closely for any serious problem for 2-5 days.

_ she may avoid or cry in moving certain part of body.

-There may be swelling or pain on touch.

-baby may be irritated or dull ,not eating as ususl.
With any of above signs you have to take Paediatritians advice.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor