Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What to do for calcium defficiency ?

hello sir.... i am right now staying in son is 3years and he s got calcium deficiency one of the doctors here asked me to give calcium gummy bears which is quite popular here...can you please suggest me whether i have to continue or start with something else.... thANK you..
Mon, 26 Dec 2011
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear, If your son has calcium defficincy then you should give him Calcium supplements like the one your doctor gave to you. Continue with these and also give him milk as it is a natural source of calcium.

I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

yes trying to find foods high in calcium oxalate,calcium phosphate,calcium,and uric acid and other chemicals my brow sure says these causes kidney stone. Its pretty sad that I have to do this myself no help but I appreciate what help you could give me.

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, Morning. My son is 5 years old now. I have two questions. I have been giving him calcimax syrup not on a regular basis. His milk consumption is very poor as he experiences discomfort on drinking it. He is Ok with curds/yogurt but does not like cheese a lot. I need a good calcium supplement for him. second question - his teeth enamel has worn off. the front teeth are in bad shape and I see enamel loss on other teeth as well. is this due to calcium defeciency?

doctor1 MD

what are some of the signs to low calcium?