Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What specialist doctor should be consulted for sudden fainting spells?

My husband, 85, just fell changing this clothes from church. He does not remember what happened. He regained consciousness right away and only cut his head. He has been overly tired lately. He does not want to go to the ER, so I hope it is ok to call a doctor tomorrow. He is taking a nap now. I think it was a blackout. He fell once before going to the bathroom, and we thought he got up too soon. He has had one stroke but he said he could not speak right then, and his speech is fine. We have been married 6 years, so I only know so much. My main question is can we wait until tomorrow to see a doctor is he seems ok and what doctor?
Mon, 9 Jul 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

This might have been a stroke episode (TIA) or also a syncopal episode caused by aortic stenosis.
So in my opinion he must be checked by a cardiologist or a neurologist as soon as possible, to perform physical examination, and complete blood analysis check up.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had a blackout Wed. a week ago and fell head first going up the stairs of the metro station in Paris,(was not on the menu), hit my hesd, hurt my knees and ribcage and ended up in the hospital it was the second time in 6 months that i lost sudden consciosness & fell forward just to come to myself when hitting the floor. in this case the concrete. Had 6 stitches on the forehead, very fashenable in Paris.... My doctor here in sfo put me on a heart monitor for the rest of the month....I take Atenolol, 025mg for a long time. Should i ask for a Brain Scan to see if this was due a stroke??? thanks you

doctor1 MD

my son was just playing video games for the past hour. he stood up to change the game and he blacked out and fell on the floor. I got to him within a few second and he was making gurgling sounds but was conscious when he heard my voice. He said he is getting weird pains in his front right forehead. He is 17yrs old. Is there anything I should be checking for? He fell on his 2 elbows and I do not think he banged his head on the floor.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m a 16 year old female. For 2 years now I have been having seizures. I m unsure as to why this is happening? I haven t gone to the doctors with this problem because they aren t like full seizures because I don t foam at the mouth or anything. They happen randomly at anytime I could be standing and feel light headed then proceeds to blackouts. Then I will have like a 2 minute seizure but, get back up as though nothing happened and I will feel fine. What is this?