What specialist doctor should be consulted for sudden fainting spells?

My husband, 85, just fell changing this clothes from church. He does not remember what happened. He regained consciousness right away and only cut his head. He has been overly tired lately. He does not want to go to the ER, so I hope it is ok to call a doctor tomorrow. He is taking a nap now. I think it was a blackout. He fell once before going to the bathroom, and we thought he got up too soon. He has had one stroke but he said he could not speak right then, and his speech is fine. We have been married 6 years, so I only know so much. My main question is can we wait until tomorrow to see a doctor is he seems ok and what doctor?
Mon, 9 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

This might have been a stroke episode (TIA) or also a syncopal episode caused by aortic stenosis.
So in my opinion he must be checked by a cardiologist or a neurologist as soon as possible, to perform physical examination, and complete blood analysis check up.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.