Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

What medicines can be take for sore nose and nasty taste in mouth for a 4 year old ?

nose sore nasty taste drainage in mouth and swollen painful eye My 4yr old son had Sore in nose that split wont heal had nasty taste come in in mouth that made him almost and want to vomit now his right eye is red and swollen and hurts in the corner side closest! to nose what could be wrong with him what can i do to make it better?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
He needs to be looked at by the Ophthalmologist for effective treatment of the infected portion of the eye which is draining into the nose causing the bad taste. He probably has infection and inflammation of the duct connecting the eye and nose called Dacrocystitis. The pus from the eye escapes into the nose and throat causing the discharge and bad taste. You can keep him well hydrated, probably not take a chance with treating him by yourself, best care can be offered by an Ophthalmologist.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor