What medical condition could cause blood in the stool in a 46-year-old?

Hi Doctor, My Husband of age 46, actually pass out bright red stool after wiping his anal. I can see streaks of blood at the end of his stool. After a while, he pass out quite a lot of bright red blood only without stool from his anal. I’m quite worried. Please advise. Thanks.
Wed, 21 Aug 2019

I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

The symptoms of your husband seem to be related to hemorrhoids.

I suggest to use a anti hemorrhoid cream for local application such as Preparation H.

I also suggest using daily probiotics and avoid food that can cause constipation.

I recommend to drink liquids.

If the symptoms continue, you should see a proctologist for further evaluation.

Hope my answer was helpful.

If you have further queries feel free to contappct me again.

Kind regards!

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi
General &Family Physician