What leads to cough,nasal congestion and sore throat?

hi a few weeks ago I had a cold. I had a stuffy nose, slight sore throat and earache. towards the end of it I got a cough and I still have it now but it feels like different type of cough. also now it looks like there is gray on the back of my throat and I feel like im constantly trying to clear my throat. what could it be? how can I fix this?
Wed, 15 Sep 2021

You are having symptoms of cough, nasal congestion and sore throat. The commonest cause of such symptoms are common cold, allergy, deviated nasal septum, sinus problems, infection (bacterial or viral). You are suggested to gargle with warm salt water 3-4 times daily. Keep cough lozenges in your mouth to avoid discomfort and coughing. Take antihistamines for relieve. Taking steam inhalation 3-4 times a day effectively brings relieves nasal congestion. Get an X-ray PNS done to detect deviated nasal septum.

You can also take decongests. Since you can see a gray infectious patch at the back of your throat you are suggested to get clinically examined by an ENT to detect if it pharyngitis. Get throat culture and swab test done, you may need a course of antibiotic (Augmentin) for faster relief. Deviated nasal septum causes sinusitis. Conservative treatment is given to treat sinusitis but sometimes surgery is recommended if the symptoms are not improving and are severe.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician