What is wrong with my heart ?

For the past seven or so months my heart has been scaring me quite a bit. I have phases where for a couple of weeks around three times a day my heart starts beating stronger. I'm not sure if it increases in speed but I get short of breath and every time it scares me. Last week though I had a very bed spell (I hadn't had one of these "events" in a couple of months). It felt as if though time had slowed down and I thought I might be having a heart attack. I was born prematurely though and had to have surgery to close a valve in my heart that hadn't automatically done so when I was born. It changes the direction of blood flow through your heart or something like that. Do you think this could be linked to my previous surgery? Also I am a vegetarian however I do eat fish and lots of it.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
This sounds a lot like "Arrythmia".Where your heart rythm changes - these spells often happen when the heart slows down. It usually affects older people,(you may know some people who have a pacemaker - these are sometimes used in extreme cases) you don't say what your age is but even if you're young It's possible because of your heart history. Go to the doctor and tell them exactly what you told us. It may be much less serious - but your heart needs looking after and it's trying to let you know somethings not right at the moment hun .x.