Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment given after being diagnosed with gall stones?

Hi there I have recently be told by my gp I have gallstones from a ultra sound results I have terrible pain all on my right side right round to my back I can also feel lump through my skin when i touch like a ball .i am up at moment cannot sleep from pain under neath my chest I just wonder of what s to happen next is this normal that I can feel lump s with my hands Thank you Kind regards
Thu, 5 Sep 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You are having painful gall stone. For that you need to be given anti inflammatory medication and antibiotic first to treat gall bladder inflammation that is called cholecystitis.

I could not found cause for your lump feeling. For that USG scan of local part done and revert back with reports once done.

The symptomatic gall stone with pain need surgical removal of gall bladder.
You can Consult surgeon for that.

Hope I have answered your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi, i went to hospital for an apparent panic attack and was recently diagnosed with 2 gallstones in gall bladder by chance, largest one measuring .8mm. One doctor suggested surgery, the other said I can try Udiliv 300mgs tabs twice a day to try and dissolve them. What do you think I should do? I do not experience any pain currently.

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed as having gall stones but had never had symptoms and this was only discovered whilst examining for something else. For the past two days I believe I have been having an attack from the gallstones and wonder what the ongoing treatment would be. I am very anti surgical intervention in view of my age.

doctor1 MD

Doc, pls i am from ghana.. i have been diagnosed of having gall stones some 5 months ago.. a friend has suggested i take cystone which worked for her kidney stones. can i use it? or can u pls suggest another health care supplement or drug to dissolve the stones,, ghana