Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

What is the solution for Obsessive, compulsive disorder ?

hi doctor my sis is 24 old and she is having habit of wasting much water like if anything to give for wash she use plenty of water so her hands become rough.we are taken her to sycologist he advice her that her mind set is like that so admit her in hospital for 5 days or 1 month and she is becoming very thin please advice what i have to do.i am not have intrest to admit her b coz in that hospital many different people i found and i feel that may be my sister will fee lthat we r admiting her in pagal hospital.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.she is in need of psychiatrist help.I can understand your concerns for admitting her in mental hospital.But speak to your doctor and ask him if you can try something initially at home.some times a trial can be taken.In mean time explain her that this is not normal and why all of you are not doing this ? so this is not acceptable.Repeated counseling by counselor and relative support will really help
Answered: Tue, 15 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor