What is the reason for fast beating of heart?

I was at work just on my break eating my usual sandwich but then suddenly my heart started beating really hard and fast. I wasnt exactly doing anything just eating and felt fine in myself...i want to know is this really bad if it just suddenly happens? and what is it?
Sun, 7 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

I've dealt with this issue myself.  I wanted to help some people who had this problem so I did a little write-up about my experience.  I hope it helps.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgcdp8fs_124682m64cj

-- Clark

jian's  Response
You probably were worrying about your heart which made you panic and made your heartbeat quicken, worrying you even more.