Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What is the possible treatment for Lumbar spondylitis ?

Hi My father who is 75, suffers from lumbar spondylitis , which also results in numbness of his feet, with pains running down his legs and causing him to hunch a bit when walking. He does not wish to risk surgery . Is this irreversible problem..and what are the best treatments? Thx
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query.     
As this is an advanced case of lumbar spondylitis because of numbness,& pain .If conservative treatment of analgesics,multivitamins,calcium , intermittent pelvic traction ,ultrasonics fail then surgery is the only alternative.Keeping in mind age conservative treatment is better.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor