What is the percentage of Vegetarians getting Heart Disease?

What percentage is gene related? What percentage is not food related?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
Yes, but at a significantly lower rate than omnivores.

hello dcoctor , i am a recent heart patient and had astent put in, i am on ecosprin, 150 mg a day and get alot of gerd symptoms.please advise me what to do, sshould i reduce the dosage. the other medications i am on , are clopilet 75mg,starpress 25mg,and storvas 40mg. thank you

Hi, my fiance is getting ready to have an angio gram. With his past history of one mild stroke, blood thinners, ongoing chest pains and numerous test, finally he has been advised for the above immediately! What are his chances? He also has slight high blood pressure and thyroid issues. Was recently told his gallbladder had to be removed, but the 2nd opinion ruled it out, sending him to his cardiologist. He maintains good weight for his height (6 1 ) at around 185lbs. Caucasian.

hello, my name is Trent and i am a 34-year-old, slightly overweight (around 50lbs over BMI scale for my height) male police officer. for the last 2 years, ive been dealing with ventricular bigeminy/trigeminy as well as extremely frequent PVC s, tachycardia and the occassionally supraventricular tachycardia. at times the chest pains have been so bad i have passed out and hit the floor. i have not been able to work since january 2010. i have been hospitalized for these symptoms 6 times in the last year and half. i have been through 2 cardiac ablations and have been tried on metoprolol, soltalol, amiodarone, dronedarone, and 3 other antiarrythmics that i cannot remember the names of. neither ablation worked, and the second one caused more damage then good. prior to the second ablation (march 2011), my ejection fraction was 45% and there was mild diffuse hypokinesia in the left ventricle. after the second, ejection fraction dropped to 38% and there was moderate global hypokinesia of the left ventricular segments. structural disease was ruled out in 2010 by angiography and echocardiograms as well as a cardiac MRI. so far, none of the 5 cardiologists i have seen have been able to isolate the cause of all of my symptoms. my biological father had a pacemaker implanted at age 35 after he suffered an MI. i believe he was diagnosed with sick sinus syndrome. i have inquired into the possibilty of having SSS myself, but again, no one has confirmed or disproved this. since the failure of the ablations as well as the failure of antiarrythmics, the cardiologists that i have seen have told me there are no further treatment optins other then a 3rd ablation. having been through 2 already, i am definetly not eager to go for a 3rd. am i candidate for a pacemaker or ICD type device? and what is causing all of this? i shoud mention that cardiomyopathy was originally suspected, but again, not ruled out or confirmed. i was drinking alcohol on a regular basis up until november, and have not touched a drop since. any advice you could give me would greatly appreciated! i am extremely eager to have my condition treated and get back to work!! thank you for your time, trent a c wright.

Recent questions on  Gene therapy

My friend was operated on 2wks ago. She was told she has Glioblastoma Multiforme .They said they believe they got it all. She is 60yrs.old and 4months. She was told chemo and lazer treatments.She and her husband have not been told how deadly this...

Dear Doctor, I have the following complex questions- What are the main factors that contribute most in body building beside Genetic? Do you think good Diet and good training program change the body completely if that person is genetically very...

I have an ED problem with a different then usual cause. 30 some years ago I had a penile implant removed that I was toll caused some tissue damage. No problem with testaterone , diabetis or any other health issues. Viagra words moderately but the...

Hi, I m 25 years old and I have a positive helikobacter test before three months.I had my first therapy before two months and after that I d made a second test and I was positive for second time.Now a m taking my second therapy, but i had serious problems with breathing.I need more air.Please help me

What is Viral Therapy for Small Cell Chest cancer? What kind of Virus is used? Is it effective or in the research stages? Where would I find information about this therapy? It is not possible for me to talk to his Dr. about this as it is my ex spouse who is being treated.

W.

retroperitoneal fibrosis patient of age 58 what is the best treatment and any diet restriction?Also what are the chances of survival after treatment? Where can be the best treatment done and recommended doctor in XXXXX?

Dear team,
My name is Ramkrishnan Ramanathan and I am writting from Chennai, India. I am diagnosed with the mental illness called OCPD. I want to know whether my illness could be permanently cured using Gene Therapy. I have no other option than undergoing gene therapy to possibly cure my illness to save my life. So may I request you to perform gene therapy on me atleast as research? Anticipating your valuable reply,

Ramkrishnan Ramanathan