What is the cause of ear numbness and ringing in ears?

My left ear feels numb and has been ringing for quit sometime. this has beeh happening for a while now it happened earlier today and stopped me in my tracks cas it was so loud and my ear was so numb.... i also have another question my tonsil on ghe right side has been swallon for years now and the doc said it cud of been a food partical that did it but i think that's a load of crap lol
Tue, 11 Feb 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Enlarged tonsil could cause problems in the ear by causing problem in the opening and closing that is proper functioning of the eustachian tube which connects middle part of ear to the back of nose.
If you develop tonsil again and again then you should get them removed by getting operated.
The ear ringing could be because of the tonsils . but need to be examined . you need to consult an ENT specialist .