What is the Medical term for a Heart Attack?

Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response
Myocardial infarction medical term for heart attack

Just got a leaflet through the door telling all the symtoms of a heart attack , it says don t mess about waiting just call the emergency services. Now, I have those symtoms everyday, I also have high b.p. (last checked 120/170 only last week). Am I having heart attacks? Sorry, numbers wrong way round. Feel it like most days but thougt a heart attack was going to be of hollywood proportions, this leaflet describes what I feel.

What is the right aspirin and the right dosage to prevent heart attacks ?

I m a 31 year old female, low blood pressure, normal weight, no family history. My only risk factor is that I smoke (or used to). My bad cholesterol is 85. I had a heart attack a couple days ago and am now recovering from angioplasty. My Dr. put me on Plavix, Asprin and Zocor. I ve been left with far more questions than answers. What are the chances this will happen again? If I never smoke again will my heart repair? Can I reduce my risk of further complication without taking drugs? What are the long term affects of these medications? Does this mean that I have coronary artery disease? PLEASE HELP!

Recent questions on  Induced coma

my friend has contracted sepsis and is in an induced coma , how long will they keep in the coma?

Legs have been deprived if oxygen during induced coma due to overdose of prescription drugs. now have this condition where blister like lesions appear and open . It cleared up with silverdeen and wrapping but it is now back again,it completely...

My sister had a stroke 2 years ago and lost her speech. On friday she was in hospital for a replacement knee op. After the op she was in recovery and had a heart attack. They have put her in an induced coma and are bringing her around today, how long does it usually take please. She had Spinal Aneasthetic and was fine after op having a cup of tea

My friend had a Heart Attack. All I know from talking to his wife is that they did not perform any surgery, and that his heart stopped beating for about 10 minutes before any attempt to resuscitate could be made. He is in a "self-induced coma" on life support and they are starting a process to turn the life support down to see if the body reacts or starts to show signs of taking over. My questions are: What is the potential for brain damage?; and Is a recovery possible?

My partner had a left brain stroke in November of 2013. He also has had seizures, undetermined if they happened prior to stroke or post. He began a vast improvement the first of March. Nursing home failed to administer the seizure meds for three days. He is now in drug induced coma trying to stop them. He also has cirrhosis but his ammonia level is good. What can be done to stop this.

My friend (43 yrs female) was admitted to hospital in January with BOOP. she was found to have 2 bacterial cases of pneumonia and one viral. She had respiratory failure and was in the ICU unite for 14 days under induced coma. She went for a check up with the consultant today and he has prescribed Septrin tablets to be taken 3 times weekly. does this mean she is still infected? Also, as my friend lives with me and came out of hospital on 1st February I presumed she was clear. However, I visited my mother on 28th February for a week and after 2 weeks she informed me that she has bronchial pneumonia. Could I have been the carrier?

Thank you.