Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What food can I give to increase the weight of my Cystic Fibrosis baby ?

hi doctor my baby girls is 20monthes old and around 80cm hieght and she is a Cystic Fibrosis baby. she is ok so far but she refuses to eat anything unless mashed she refuses to chew the food instead she want to swallow directly. i need to make her gain wieght to make her body stronger for any infection she might has. do you think you can help by what food shall i feed her and if there is any refernce for gain weight mashed recipes for babies i will be thankfull . thank you sooooo much for your help.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
take more foods that decrease mucous production like garlic
Use healthy oils in foods
give her apple and grape juice
give water of cooked dal
you can add ghee to her foods
wish you a good day and take care
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor