What food I should have during night shift ?

hi i am 23 years old working in a night shift in a corporate sector.Due to this my food timings are compltely differed and also i lost aweight by 5kgs please suggest me what can i take more.i am an vegetarian and also i had a problem of gas wnd got a habit of eating in regular intervals.please suggest the type of food that can be taken to stregthen myself
Tue, 19 Apr 2011
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Since you work in night shift, there will problems with regard to digestion due to irregular timings of food intake.Have six small meals instead of three big meals, there should equal spacing of meals and healthy snacking is much appreciated especially for people working in night shift.Choose foods which are high in protein rather than taking calorie rich foods like oily fried foods, junk foods.Eating foods rich in protein includes whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits.Take foods like fruit milkshakes,dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk,Flavoured soy milk,tofu ( soy paneer ),groundnut chikki/ burfi, green banana, boiled corn instead of choosing junk foods which will help you to gain the lost weight and improve stamina.