What does swelling on the eyelids indicate?

Four months of eye lid terribly swelling on and off . Red, cysts inside. Decreases with steroids. Antibiotics seem to bring out nasal conditions. Gets better when on steroid returns when off. Two years plus same eye: eye ball burst blood vessels, unexplained redness and swelling .
Tue, 20 Feb 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
it can be blepharitis or sty. get examined by eye doctor for complete eye examination and advise on treatment if it is st ye then epilation is requeired the infected lesion along with route of eye lash will came out. can be cleaned with sterile pad and apply neosporine eye ointment in lid avoid steroid since there will be muscing of symptom. tapering is requeired
Ophthalmologist Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash's  Response
superficial blood vessel can burst due to highbp and straining due to constipation. take fiber rich food and drink more water when the cause is cured other problem will be solved redness will decrease