What does sharp pain on the head indicate?

My mother is 73 and she started have really sharp shooting pain at the top of her head. They started at the back of her head to the front, focused at the center of her head. she said she could feel tightness in her scalp. Her pain was a 9 on a scale of 1 to10. This lasted close to an hour. She said,vas the pain subsided in her head the right side of neck hurt momentarily, then went away. Could this be stress, or do these sound like symptoms to something serious?
Mon, 26 Feb 2018
These could be d causes of shooting -Tauma to the back of the head
Neck tension or tight neck muscles
Osteoarthritis
Tumors in the neck
Cervical disc disease
Infection
Gout
Diabetes
Blood vessel inflammation
consult a neurologist to rule out the causes