What does my colonoscopy report indicate?

I have had bowel problems for years. I m 74, diabetic. Had a colonoscopy last year, normal, but he said I have extra bowels. Took metformin for years. A nightmare with my bowels, pain like I was going to explode. Quit last fall. Refused to do that anymore. Put me on lantus. I m on 19 ml. What happens is I don t go, then have an all day episode starting with a normal BM, then keeps on with just having to go and a small amount comes out, all day. Get chills sometimes. Weak. This is happening more often. P.A. put me on a regimen of metamucil/miralax. Tried so hard to do this because I wanted something to finally work. Bulked up my stool, but then would do the same. Now I m worse. Finally wind up taking Imodium. Can t go anywhere. Usually every time I go to the store, I have to be sure to know where the bathroom is, then sometimes don t make it. Have learned to go fast at the first inkling. Help! No one can help me. A GI guy in Pueblo said, Take Imodium when you re going somewhere. Great. When it gets right down to my rectum, I cannot hold it no matter how hard I try to. I normally don t go for 3-4 days, sometimes longer, then I ll take metamucil or it will just start, and wind up going all day after the initial seemingly normal one.
Mon, 29 Jul 2019
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

The symptoms described by you seem to be that of irritable bowel syndrome.
You need to take the medication prescribed by your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri, Pathologist and Microbiologist