What does blurred vision along with dizziness indicate?

My 74 year old mother is having blurred vision in one eye, describing it as looking through water. She is also having dizzy spells. She mentioned that these generally occur when waking and getting up. I have noticed a very recent decline in her speech (she just sounds older all of a sudden). Can you advise? Thank you.
Wed, 11 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Blurred vision in old age may be due to cataract or retinal artery obstruction or amblyopia or maculopathy or Glaucoma etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.

Please consult your ophthalmologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.