What does a red rash on the ear indicate?

Hi, I have had to sleep on one side for some 4 weeks now ( because of trigeminal neuralgia ) I have developed a raw red patch on the upper helix of my left ear with is scaly , dry and has a indented red area. Forms brown scabs which peel off . Sounds like wenklers disease - but no pronounced nodule. Please advise
Wed, 31 Jan 2018
Hi
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. If you send a picture of the lesion then it will be more helpful. It can be due to seborrheic dermatitis. In such case salicylic acid and clobetasol based creams for local application will be helpful.
Thanks.