What does a red mole behind the leg indicate?

I have a red mole on the back of my leg that has grown larger over the years. It is larger than a pencil eraser. Years ago it began as a small brown mole and after many times of nicking it with razor while shaving my legs, it is now red and has been for 3 or 4 years and is much larger than when it appeared as a brown mole. What do think this is?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history you are having a hemangioma.
My treatment advice is -
1. Don't scratch the lesion as it may worsen the condition.
2. Apply a timolol eye drops om the lesion twice daily.
3. Other treatment options are cryotherapy, cauterization or laser ablation done by a dermato-surgeon.

Thanks.
Dr. Harshit bhachech.
MBBS, DDVL.