What does a persistent rash on the glans penis that gets sensitive to the touch upon erection indicate?

Hello, I’m concerned about a rash thats located on the top side of the tip of my penis.it is only very apparent when I have an erection and is very sensitive to the touch. It has been there for about a year and a half and I don’t know what’s the cause. I am not sexually active so I would doubt it’s a sti. If you can help it would be much appreciated.
Tue, 16 Oct 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

This kind of rashes or tumors around the penis is common. STI doesn't come due to sex only. You can get infected by anything due to unhygienic maintenance.

So, who knows what infection might have occurred. But I doubt it to be infectious because you say it's there since almost 1 year, so the infectious cause is ruled out.

Kindly get a biopsy done to know if it is benign or malignant tumors. Don't neglect it because if it is cancerous then you will have to suffer. If diagnosed at the starting stages, it is curable.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Archana