What does a fluttering sensation under the ribcage indicate?

All day I have this sensation, on my back side. I can explain it like I m pregnant and the baby is fluttering and pushing. I m 50 and No I m not pregnant, I did have 2 full term pregnancy s. It s like that feeling in my side under the rib cage. It s so weird,What could that be?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The fluttering sensation under your ribcage is indicating possible bowel distension. Most probably you are also feeling bloated. At your age, 50s, due to hormonal changes, there is also changes in GI tract functioning. Get an abdominal ultrasound done first thing in order to check internal organs like bowels, liver, kidney, ovaries, and so on. Next, get an urine analysis done to rule out urinary tract infection. Meanwhile, take probiotics to stabilize your intestinal flora.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.