What do small hypodensities within the thyroid gland suggest?

Small hypodensities within the thyroid gland which would be better evaluated with thyroid ultrasound as indicated. This is directly from a recent CT scan that I had done. I have had Stage 0 melanoma and I am a little concerned as I believe it may have returned (blue mole on chin is now black). I am scheduled for an ultrasound in about a week in a half. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Have a dermatologist appointment coming a couple of days before ultrasound.
Mon, 29 Jul 2019
Radiologist 's  Response

Hypodensities can mean lesions showing increased fluid content. In the CT image neck, it can suggest colloidal cysts in the thyroid gland and is a benign condition. Please get an ultrasound scan neck for detailed information.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Vivek Chail, Radiologist