What do lines in the field of vision indicate?

Hi I am a 60 year old woman who has been going. Through a lot of stress The other day I. Got in the car and the light seemed to Hi I m a 60 year old woman who s been going through a lot of emotional stress. The other day I started to see flashes of vertical and horizontal lines and my body started jumping like popcorn I guess It came and went. I had no headache but it was very scary to sat the least. It came and went for about a half an hour My eyes are checked every year there great could this all be stress related?
Mon, 23 Apr 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The horizontal and verticle lights/flashes of lights indicate some severe problem in inner eye (Galucoma/retinal problems). Such symptoms with emotional stress is possible but that is transient.

You should consult an opthalmologist at the earliest to exclude more risky condition.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
.Hi,
Thanks for the query. I understand your concern

The horizontal & verticle lights / flashes of lights indicate some severe problem in inner eye ( Galucoma / retinal problems).....such symptoms with emotional stress is possible , but that is transient.
You should consult an opthalmologist the earliest.to exclude more risky condition.
Thanks