What course of treatment should be given for streptococcus bovis in urine?

Hi I AM 44 YRS OLD AND DIAGNOSED WITH STREPTOCOCCUS BOVIS IN URINE, ALTHOUGH I WAS TREATED WITH AMOXILLIN AND REPEATED CULTURE IT WAS STILL THERE, THEN TREATED AGAIN WITH PENECILLIN AND STILL THERE AGAIN. MY MD REFERRED ME TO UROLOGY BUT I FEEL THAT I SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOCTOR. I ALSO HAD A COLONOSCOPY AND THAT SHOWED NO CANCER! I NEED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS AND ELIMINATE THIS BACTERIA, I DON T KNOW WHO TO TURN TO AND WHAT TO BELIEVE, I FEEL I SHOULD BE ADMITTED AND TREATED WITH VANCOMYCIN AND HAVE FURTHER EVALUATION. AM I OVER REACTING TO THIS?
Mon, 29 Apr 2019

* As per my surgical experience, the issue sounds to be related to drug resistance to amoxicillin most likely.

* In my clinic, I recommend intravenous antibiotic coverage and cure the issue in a best possible manner as oral antibiotics will not cover the condition and there can be chances of other problems from underlying infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon