What could cause elbow pain?

My right elbow started giving me problems about a week ago. It hurts to straighten and hurts when I ve left it straight for any length of time then try to bend. It really hurts to lift anything, even a glass of water. I m an appraiser, so I work on a computer all the time. Could this be related to that?
Tue, 18 Jun 2019

This elbow pain is most likely inflammation of the attachment of the muscle to the elbow on the side. It is related to long hours of computer work.

It would help to take frequent breaks and stretch the elbow and wrist and also stretch the neck muscles.

The pain could be relieved by icing,anti inflammatory medications. A tennis elbow strap applied on the forearm is helpful.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr George Verghese, Orthopaedic Surgeon