What could be the cause for severe pain in the groin area radiating to the thighs and legs?

I have sharp pain in my left groin area, where my leg meets my torso. The pain radiates down my left thigh and sometimes all the way to my foot. It is very hard to lift up my left leg when I walk. Frequently the pain is so sharp that my left leg gives way beneath me. What could be causing this?
Fri, 9 Aug 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to sciatica pain.

I suggest using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms.

I also recommend doing gentle stretching exercises and physical therapy for relieving.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician