This may be related to IBS
and chronic constipation
(spasms). That is particularly true when you consume foods like nuts or popcorn that would trigger spasms of the bowel.
I suggest running colonoscopy
to exclude organic problems first. With regards to finding blood floating in the toilet after you pass the motion, that would be related to possible:
- fissures due to chronic constipation
In both cases, you need to take measures to reduce constipation that would trigger such problems:
- do more physical activity
- increase water consumption
- take more foods high in fiber content
- fiber supplements can help
- can use laxatives once in a while to improve the symptoms
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon