What causes yellow penile discharge after the treatment of gonorrhoea?

I am a male and was treated for chlamydia and gonorrhoea 8 days ago and have seen no signs of discharge or urination pain clearing up. Actually the discharge has gotten thicker and leaving yellow stains in my underwear. I have not had any sex since before i was treated. What could be the cause?
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history of yellow discharge, my treatment advice is -
1. Continuation of yellow discharge is suggestive of gonorrhea infection still present.
2. Apply a mild antibiotic cream like fusiderm cream twice daily on it.
3. Other treatment options are oral doxycyline and azithromycin taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.