What causes watery vaginal discharge after insertion of an IUD?

Hi. I had copper coil fitted yesterday . After that i am just having watery discharge and cramping. No spotting or bleeding. I checked my coil thread today and felt that but also noticed that something is inflammated inside. Is this normal? Or it’s an infection?
Mon, 26 Mar 2018

It is normal to have some cramping and spotting after an IUD insertion. You have mentioned that you have a watery discharge. If there is no other problem like itching or foul smell, then there is nothing to worry about. Cramping and inflammation will subside in a day or two. If you have any of the above two symptoms, then you should get yourself checked by your gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nazma.amman