What causes walking difficulty after a surgery on hip?

My husband had suregery to close an open wound on his hip from a pressure sore; after the surgery 16 days ago, he is unable to walk; however, the days prior to that surgery, he was walking in the home, out of the home, and aboe to stand at stove and cook.
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

It is very unlikely that surgery for closure of pressure sore will cause an inability to walk or stand. There might be some other condition along with bed sore- perhaps some neurological disorder which in progressive I nature.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Gopal Goel, Orthopaedic Surgeon